Auspicious Dried Zheng Fa Cai 15g 好运正发菜
- 15g of Auspicious Zheng Fa Cai 好运正发菜
- Also known as: Black Moss, Fat Choy, FaCai, Fat Choi, Hair Vegetables, 发财发菜
- Introduction: This delicacy is considered a “must have” ingredient during the Lunar or Chinese New Year. Fa Cai and 发财 are homophones, which translates to “get rich” or “prosperity and fortune”. This is considered an auspicious food. Fa Cai is a bacteria under the Nostocales family.
- Benefits: Lowers blood pressure, clears heatiness, strengthens respiratory system. Rich in protein, carbohydrates.
- How to cook: Soak in warm water for 15 minutes till it softens. Add to your dish.
- Commonly used in: Soups, stews, porridges.
- Common ingredients found in Chinese New Year stew: Dried oysters, dried scallops, roasted pork belly, dried Chinese mushrooms, Abalones, Sea Cucumber, Fish Maw, oil, ginger, garlic, oyster sauce, chicken stock, sugar.
- How to tell real from fake: After cooking, it softens and becomes clumpy, it is still crisp and tender, you can separate individual strands, tastes fresh.
- Country of Origin: XinJiang Gobi Desert, China
- This is vegetarian.
- Natural without added colouring or flavouring.
Product of Thye Shan Medical Hall 泰山药行出品